Hello there, ladie! Anyone up for a Bloody Mary, Cosmopolitan or a Dirty Martini? Well, if you are a vodka lover, you know what I am talking about. Vodka is mainly a clear drink without any odour mainly made out of potatoes or grains. By volume, Vodka contains 35%- 50% alcohol content. There have been a lot of debates over the past several year on the origin of Vodka but there is one universally accepted fact that most of the World’s Vodka come from Eastern European regions, namely Russia and Poland. Any party is incomplete these days without a Vodka shot or the quintessential Vodka Cocktails. Whether you like your Vodka on the rocks or straight up, shaken or stirred, here are the top ten Vodka Brands that you should learn about.
1. Smirnoff: Smirnoff comes with a wide range of flavours namely Smirnoff Vanilla, Smirnoff Lime, Smirnoff Green Apple, and Smirnoff Orange. Smirnoff Vodka is triple distilled and made from the finest grains. Smirnoff is produced by the British company Diageo, one of the biggest alcohol companies in the world. It has an alcohol content 37.5%.
2. Eristoff: Eristoff has its origin from Georgia and is one of the finest Vodka available in the Indian market. Eristoff Original, Eristoff Apple, and Eristoff are its three main flavours. The International Wine and Spirit Research have listed Eristoff number eight in the elite brand list. It is triple-filtered with an alcohol content of 37.5% and is produced by Bacardi-Martini India.
3. Romanov: Romanov gets its name from the last Russian Czar. It is one of the finest known Vodka from the house of United Breweries with 42.8% alcohol content. There are four variant flavours available namely Premium, Orange, Lemon and Apple.
4. Magic Moments: Produced by Radico Khaitan group in India. Its flavour is often branded as a remix and there are six distinct types namely Orange, Green Apple, Lemon, Lemongrass, Chocolate and Raspberry. The very recent addition to its range is ‘Verve Magic Moments’, in its premium segment. Alcohol content by volume is 37.5%.
5. Vladivar: The Vladivar Vodka is of a fine quality as it is made from 100% grain with 40% alcohol content. Vladivar also comes from the house of United Breweries. Mostly suited for the Indian taste buds there are three distinct flavours The said vodka is available in three flavours Orange Zest (Orange +Pepper), Green Apple (Green Apple +Mint) and Vladivar Lemon Zest (Lemon+Mint).
6. White Mischief: Another award winning Vodka from the house of United Breweries. This brands alone has a market share of about 47% in India. A triple-distilled vodka with the highest level of purity, and has three flavour variants Strawberry+Ginseng, Mango+Mint and Green Apple+Cinnamon.
7. Wodka Gorbatschow: All the way from Berlin Germany, this Vodka is produced by Henkell & Company India Pvt. Ltd. It is bottled locally in India. Wodka Gorbatschow has four flavours apart from the original. These include Orange, Green Apple, and Vanilla.
8. Absolut: A product from Sweden, Absolut is not just famous for its versatile vodka but for also for its iconic bottle designs. The brand comes with its limited edition flavours from time to time and the bottles with its cool and fresh designs are collectables in itself. Though the brand has countless flavours available, the most easily available in India are Absolut, Absolut Mandarin, Absolut Citron, Absolut Kurant, Absolut Peppar, Absolut Peach and Absolut 100.
9. Belvedere: Distilled from the finest rye, Belvedere is exclusively produced in Poland. Belvedere Unfiltered, Belvedere Intense, Belvedere Red and Belvedere Silver are some flavours that are most readily available in the Indian market.
10. Grey Goose: The brand is manufactured in a sophisticated facility in France. This brand has five flavour variants available in the Indian market currently. These include Grey Goose Regular, Cherry Noir, La Poire’, L’ Orange, and Le Citron.