Dandruff is a very common scalp disorder and it can be caused due to a variety of reasons such as dry skin, growth of fungus or bacteria on hair scalp or irritated oily skin.
It usually affects people belonging to adolescent group. Today, there are a lot of chemical products available in the market, which claims to eliminate the growth of dandruff on your scalp. But, most of them fail to adhere by their words.
If you are suffering from dandruff, it is advisable to adopt the following homemade treatments right away.
1. Coconut oil – Use coconut oil daily to massage your hair. It contains anti fungal properties, which helps to remove the dandruff quickly. It also gives you a relief from itching. Take a few drops of coconut oil and mix it with a bit of lemon juice. Rub it on your scalp and massage it for some time. Wash your hair after 20 minutes. Repeat this treatment thrice in a week to see the effect.
2. Olive oil – Olive oil acts as an effective natural moisturizer. Heat a few amount of olive oil. Massage it onto your scalp and cover your hair with a warm towel. Leave it for 45 minutes and then rinse your hair with a shampoo and conditioner.
3. Baking Soda – It helps to remove the dead skin cells and absorbs the excess oil. It reduces the growth of fungus, which is the main reason behind the growth of dandruff. Wash your hair and apply a few amount of baking soda onto your scalp. After few minutes, wash your hair with warm water. Repeat this therapy once or twice in a week. Make sure that you do not shampoo your hair after this treatment.
4. Use of fenugreek – Fenugreek serves a lot of medicinal purposes. It is a storehouse of proteins and amino acids, thus stimulating the growth of hair. Soak the fenugreek seeds in 2two cups of water and keep it overnight. Later on, grind them into a fine paste and apply it onto your scalp. Leave it off for 40 minutes and then, wash it with a mild shampoo and water.
5. Neem leaves – Usage of neem leaves is the best homemade remedy to eradicate the growth of dandruff. Put 2-5 neem leaves in a pot of water. Let it stay for overnight. Next morning, use the neem water to massage your hair. Keep it for an hour and wash it off with warm water.
6. Sun – This is the best free treatment to fight against the growth of dandruff. The more time you spend out under the sun, the less dandruff is formed. It is believed that sunlight helps to dry up some of the excessive oil. Spend a minimum of 15-20 minutes under the sun every day. Do not expose yourself more to the sun rays as it can turn out to be harmful.
7. Use of Salt – Salt is something which we use in our day to day life. It easily helps to remove the dead skin flakes. Gently massage three tsp of salt onto your scalp. Leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
So, what are you waiting for? Try out these homemade remedies right away to stop the growth of dandruff. Let not your hair lose its pride!