Acne is a problem that we all have gone through as teenagers. For some the horror continues in the late 20s and 30s. A whole range of products is available in the market which claims to treat this problem. But why make your skin go through more chemicals and harsh treatments, when they can be soothed using natural remedies.
Here is a list of home remedies that will keep you and your skin happy:
• Apple cider vinegar: it is a sure shot solution for treating acne. It acts like an astringent and dries out the excess oil hence killing the acne producing bacteria. Also it balances the ph of the skin.
Mix one part of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with three parts of water. Use a cotton ball to dab it on the acne. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your face with water. If the skin feels dry, use a moisturizer.
• Honey and cinnamon: honey and cinnamon make a killer combo in treating acne. Cinnamon has anti microbial properties which keeps the bacteria away. Honey is also a natural antibiotic with moisturizing properties.
Mix 2 table spoon of raw honey and 1 tea spoon of cinnamon powder to form a paste. Apply it on the acne for 10-15 minutes. Wash it with water and pat dry. Use a good moisturizer, if the skin feels dry.
• Milk and Honey: using dairy products like milk and yoghurt improves the skin tone and treats acne. Honey as we know has anti bacterial properties. Cleopatra, was famous for her milk baths.
Mix 1 table spoon of milk/yoghurt with one table spoon of raw honey. Use a cotton ball to dab it all over the face. Once it dries, dab another layer over the previous one. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with clean water.
• Papaya: plain raw papaya is a natural solution to all acne related problems. It is used extensively in skin care products. It removes dead skin cells and reduces inflammation.
Mash up a small piece of papaya, until it reaches a paste kind of consistency. Apply on the face for 10-15 minutes .rinse with clean water. Apply a moisturizer with the skin feels dry and say hello to a clean fresh looking face.
• Banana peel: not only banana, but its peel also is a rich source of nutrients. It contains lutiein, an anti oxidant which reduces inflammation and encourages healthy cell growth.
Take a banana peel, and rub it all over the face in a circular motion. Wash the face with clean water after 30 minutes. The skin will be acne and blemish free.
• Lemon juice: lemon has anti bacterial properties which help in fighting acne.
Take lemon juice in a bowl. Using a Q-tip, apply on the affected area. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Wash the face with water. Don’t forget to use a moisturizer.
• Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is known as nature’s miracle. It has cooling properties and promotes cell growth.
Take fresh Aloe Vera gel or store bought. Using a cotton ball, apply on the face. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes then wash with water.