Acidity is a common problem among all humans. We all suffer from the problem of acidity at one point or other.
Our stomach produces acid which is vital for our body. When there is an excess secretion of this acid in our digestive system, it causes severe stomach ache and heartburn. This condition is known as acidity. It is often found in people who suffer from high emotional and nervous stress.
The common symptoms of acidity are stomach-ache, gas, nausea and bad breath. Acidity is mostly caused due to consumption of spicy food, lack of exercise, drinking habit, stress or irregular eating habits.
Now, let’s take a peek into the home made treatments for acidity:
1. Drinking water – This is most simple step to combat the problem of acidity. Drinking a lot of water will help to neutralize and flush out the excessive acid from your body. If you are frequent sufferer of acidity, drink a glass of lukewarm water every night before going to sleep and every morning when you wake up.
2. Cinnamon – It is the best product for digestive issue treatment. It helps to drive out the stomach gas. Add half tsp of cinnamon in a cup of water. Boil the water and once it steeps down, consume the water. For best result, drink the cinnamon water twice in a day.
3. Tulsi/basil leaf – Tulsi leaves helps to stimulate your body in order to produce more mucous. It consists of antiulcer properties which help to reduce the effect of gastric acid. When you feel that you are suffering from acidity, chew 5-6 Tulsi leaves. It will definitely make you feel much more comfortable.
4. Jeera – Jeera helps to stimulate the production of saliva, thus, ensuring a better digestion. Consuming jeera improves your metabolism rate and relieves you from the health problem of acidity. Most of the Ayurvedic doctors believe that jeera has a calming effect on irritate stomach. You can either chew a few seeds of jeera or boil it water and consume it, in order to get rid of the gastric trouble.
5. Banana or apple – “An apple a day can keep a doctor away”. Yes, absolutely true. Slice an apple and consume it an hour before you go to bed. It will prevent you from feeling discomfort. Also, consume few bananas as they contain antacids and prevent you from heartburn.
6. Almonds – The best homemade strategy to chase away acidity is to consume almonds after every meal. Almonds help to neutralize the juices in stomach and save you from the complication of heartburn. But do not consume them in excess as they can rekindle the acidity burn.
7. Mint Leaves – It helps in slower production of acid in your stomach, thus improving your digestion. It has a cooling effect which helps to reduce the pain. Once you feel that acidity is about to attack you, chop a few mint leaves immediately. Boil the leaves in water and consume the water once it becomes warm.
Rather than taking in unnecessary medicines to treat the acidity problems, try to consume these above mentioned homemade remedies. Certain medications might relieve you from the pain temporarily but it may create long term side effects. A lot of products that we use in our day to day lives can save you from the gastric trouble such as consumption of ginger, cloves, aloe juice etc. Adopt natural remedy in order to stay healthy.