Triphala: A savior from chemicals
Ayurveda, one of the civilized forms of systematized health care, which left its golden shades in the Vedic texts, gave birth to the formula of triphala 1000 years ago. A lot of experiments passed and Triphala became one of the most admired and highly used herbal formulas on the planet. The renowned ayurvedic physician Charak has also mentioned the power of this formula in his Charak Samhita, most respected foundational book of Ayurveda. The crowd, running behind the allopathic treatment is unknowingly exposing itself towards the severe side effects of the drugs. Triphala has it all, it gets treated as a sole remedy for several diseases, which no other drugs can. An immune health can never be developed through consumption of chemicals, but Triphala has the ability to do so. But today’s smart and over confident age must need to understand the basics first.
What is Triphala: The formula triphala, a pure natural blend of three fruits in equal proportion, can be defined as a wonder for the herbal medication. The ingredients are,
- Amla – Emblica officinalis (scientific name) – Indian gooseberry
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula (scientific name) – Chebulic Myrobalan
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica (scientific name) – Belleric Myrobalan
Health benefits of triphala:
- Amla is very rich in vitamin C, which helps in boosting up the immunity level and it is considered as the best antioxidant. It helps to increase the absorption of iron into the blood, which is responsible for increasing the hemoglobin level in the body.
- It also works as a detoxifier by improving the digestion process.
- Triphala strengthens the reproductive system to regulate the mensural cycle and also enhances sperm count to improve sex life.
- Haritaki helps in preventing eye disease and strengthens eye muscles.
- It also helps wound to heal quickly.
- Increase absorption of mineral helps your hair and face to stay healthy and keep glowing respectively.
- Mainly vibhitaki detoxifies the body, which helps to remove the excess fat.
- Because of its rich antioxidant capability, it is used for diabetes treatment.
- Triphala helps to calm kapha and pitta.
- It improves the functions of brain and also helps in supporting the cardiovascular system.
- Blood gets purified and blood circulation also improves.
- Triphala removes dead cells and revitalize skin cells to bring natural glow in skin.
- It improves the body resistance, strengthens the heart muscles and reduces the risk of gall bladder stone.
- Body gets relived from laziness and also bones stay healthy.
- Tiphala provides nourishment to nerves and also improves the taste.
How to take triphala dosage:
- The powder of triphala (triphala churna) can be taken with honey ghee or warm water before food. (1-3 gms)
- 1-2 Triphala tablet is recommended before food ( once or twice a day)
- This can be taken in the form of tea. 1 tea spoon with warm water or honey.
- For eye wash 1-2 tsp of triphala churna and soak it overnight in little warm water. In the morning wash your eyes with the sieved water.
- Because of its downward energy it may leads to miscarriage
- Excess of this may lead to diarrhea
- Extra Intake increases the dryness which may lead to dehydration.
Undoubtedly Triphala is the most recommended and perhaps the best remedy yet to stay healthy. So let’s give it a try rather than those deadly chemicals.