The secret of Why Ayurveda says Isabgol has it all to preserve your potency?
Isabgol (husk), a complete Ayurvedic boon to all gastrointestinal patients, is used as a remedy for numerous health issues as well. The common Indian home remedy has its own history that Isabgol originated from Persia and imported to India thereafter. Biological name of this Ayurvedic gift is “psyllium husk”, the seed of a plant named Pantago ovata (leaves are complete look alike of leaves of aloe Vera).
The reasons to counter the thought “why it has a prominent space in Ayurveda” are mentioned below:
- Cures constipation: Being rich in fiber, and the hygroscopic nature of isabgol, absorbs water from the digestive tract, hence the consistency of stools increases and bowel functions smoothly, which relieves constipation. Just take two spoons of Isabgol with a warm glass of milk before you sleep, to let the above effect take place properly.
- Cures Diarrhea: It has the power to treat mild to moderate diarrhea. For full effect, take two teaspoons of isabgol with three teaspoons of fresh curd twice a day after heavy meal. Yogurts having rich probiotics, provides a good amount of microbial agents to our stomach for fighting against the infection, while isabgol adds more fiber to the liquid stool in order to harden it.
- Cures acidity: The wonder herb has the ability to treat acidity by reducing the excessive secretion of digestive acid in our stomach. To get relief from acidity, isabgol need to be taken with cold water or cold milk after a meal.
- Helps in losing weight: Consumption of isabgol makes your stomach feel full and reduces the crave for unhealthy foods. Just mix it with warm water along with lemon and drink the blend right before your meal or after waking up in the morning.
- Improves digestion: As we know it promotes the cleanse of stomach and effective function of bowel, hence the digestion improves.
- Remedy for urinary problem: To get relief from mild burning in urination, soak 4 spoons of isabgol in glass full of water and add sugar to taste. Consume it after letting it soak for a while.
- Get relief from breathing problem: Consumption of 3 to 4 spoons of husk seeds with hot water in the morning gives relief from breathing problem and asthma.
- Cure of toothache and bad breath: For toothache, it can be consumed with vinegar (only after soaking) and for bad breath, it can be used as a mouth wash.