Chyawanprash – The Secret To Healthy Life
Chyawanprash also known as chyavanprash, chyavanaprasam, and chyavanaprjasha is a comprehensive, delicious, nutritive jam that has been used in the ayurveda for thousands of years. It offers a wide range of health benefits. It is said that two ancient sages of Ayurveda concocted this particular formula to restore youth to the elderly sage, Maharishi Chyawan. Thus, was derived the name ‘Chyawanprash’. Charak Samhita is an ancient Ayurvedic book inscribed by Maharishi Charak that includes the formula for this herbal preparation. In it, it is claimed that chyawanprash is the most effective of all herbal tonics. So basically Chyawanprash is an anti-aging supplement, which is purely herbal in nature.
Chyawanprash is rich in anti-oxidants and rejuvenating herbs. It is a product characterized under ‘Rasayana’ which means rebuilding and anti-ageing. It has Amla as its main ingredient, which is a powerful antioxidant. This potent herbal tonic’s also contains sugar syrup, honey, clarified butter (ghee), and sesame oil. Other ingredients include namely bamboo manna, cinnamon (dalchini), bay leaves (tejpatta) ashwagandha, vidarikand, long pepper, white sandalwood, cardamom (elaichi), tulsi (basil), brahmi, arjun, jatamansi, neem and many others. An original creation of chyawanprash is believed to have over forty different ingredients, some of which are very rare.
Chyawanprash is a safe option for both the elders, infants and toddlers. It is advised to be given to kids who are reaching their puberty.
Chyawanprash is a one stop solution to all health problems. Some of which are as follows:
1. It improves the overall reproductive health of a human being. It enhances sexual potency and keeps all the sensory organs healthy. It helps one feel youthful with great skin and great hair. This concoction is used by bodybuilders for muscle building and also is advised to be given to patients who are recovering from any ailment.
2. It improves one’s immune system. This magical life giver is a powerful immunity boosting tonic. The main ingredient that is the amla contains three times more vitamin C than oranges. This is why Chyawanprash is such a strong immune-booster. Everyday consumption of this amazing and delicious blend helps one fight diseases.
3. Chyawanprash is particularly helpful for healthy functioning of the respiratory system. It is a god-sent gift for those suffering from asthma and bronchitis. The blend of various herbs makes this mixture hot which is of great help to those suffering from cold and flu. You will never have a running nose if you have a small portion of Chyawanprash with milk everyday.
4. Chyawanprash is great for digestion. It works as a catalyst in the process of digestion by promoting the absorption of nutrients into the blood. It also balances the stomach fluids. It also provides relief from constipation, reduces bloating, and relieves nausea and diarrhea.
5. This tonic promotes the health and functioning of the man’s most integral organ- the heart. It is a powerful energizer for the brain and helps enhance memory and concentration.
6. This potent tonic delays the ageing of cells and provides proper nutrition and promotes youthfulness and longevity. Its anti-ageing properties help prevent wrinkles and graying of hair.