Nature has some truly extraordinary things to offer that seem like they were specially created by God to make our lives so much easier. They not only heal but also provide great nutrition making them seem almost magical. On the road to good health, it is important to choose those foods that are most beneficial and shun those that do more harm than good. Aloe Vera is a wonder-herb that is not just appealing to sight and smell but comes with a variety of health benefits.
Let us take a look at some of them:
- Aloe Vera juice is skin-friendly as it contains compounds that heal and soothe the skin.
- Dry skin or diseases like Psoriasis can be healed using Aloe Vera juice owing to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- The rich anti-oxidants that it contains safeguards the skin against free-radicals in the environment that cause damage like the Sun, smog as well as other pollutants.
- Aloe Vera juice consists of Polysaccharides that coax the immune system to behave in a proper manner.
- Aloe Vera juice has the capability to prevent diseases like Asthma, Eczema and Crohn’s disease.
- Aloe Vera juice naturally sanitizes the digestive system.
- It promotes healthy body weight, increases energy levels and grants a general feeling of well-being.
- It has a calming effect on the inner lining of the digestive tract when consumed as a drink.
- It reduces irritation caused by ulcers in the stomach and works on their healing and repair.
- For disorders of the gut that are inflammatory in nature like Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Colitis, Aloe Vera works like a magic medicine. It boosts healthy bacteria in the intestines that aid digestion.
- Dental and Oral health: Gargle your Aloe Vera juice around your mouth before you drink it to let your teeth and gums obtain the benefits.
- For people who have undergone scaling and root planning treatments, Aloe Vera juice when applied to the periodontal pockets showed periodontal improvement.
- Aloe Juice can be used as a healing medicine post painful and long dental procedures.
- A common oral condition known as Oral Lichen Planus can be treated using Aloe.
- Large amount of nutrients: Very few foods boast of such a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Aloe Vera contains:
- Vitamins A, C and E,
- A contingent of Vitamin B (B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12), Folic acid and choline.
- Fatty acids and
- 8 essential amino acids.
Aloe Vera improves overall health due to the presence of bioactive compounds. Even though the plant itself looks small and simple with its thick, short-stem, it is extremely potent as opposed to its appearance. It stores water in its leaves which make up for the fleshy feel. Aloe Vera is extremely popular in the beauty industry. But it is also used in the pharmaceutical and food industry as well because of its medicinal properties. It has a whopping $13 billion market annually all over the world. Aloe Vera can be recognized by its thick, pointy and fleshy green leaves which grow to about 19 inches in length. The water is stored in the form of a gel surrounded by a slimy tissue in the leaves. This is truly a miracle plant with many beneficial properties. Nature truly has wondrous things to offer and Aloe Vera is the finest among them.