Top 10 Greatest Saints in the World History
Many great saints have incarnated in distinct parts of the world who changed the phase of the world through their preaching and beliefs. They believe in egalitarian views and did not discriminate the human beings in terms of creed, cast, and religion. Here is the list of top 10 greatest saints in the history: —
- Paul the Apostle: — Although Jesus was considered as a famous saint who started beliefs of Christianity, but it was the Paul the Apostle who delivered the preaches of Jesus to the entire world, mainly the parts of Europe and Asia minor.
- Gautam Buddha: — Gautam Buddha was another one of the greatest saints who incarnated in Lumbini, Nepal and started the beliefs and preaches of Buddha Dharma. He gave ordination to people belonging from every religion, caste, and community, without any discrimination and got enlightenment, and then met with parinirvana in 80 years of age.
- Mother Teresa: — Mother Teresa was another great saint who born in the year 1910 in Skopje, Macedonia. Mother Teresa came to India and started her mission with the name of “Missionaries of Charity.” She started helping poor people through her mission and got Nobel peace prize for her efforts.
- John the Baptist: — John was also one of the greatest saints of all time who baptized Jesus himself. He started the practice of Baptism that to forgive the human beings from all sins of their life. He also predicted the incarnation of Jesus.
- Saint Joseph: — Another great saint in the all-time history was saint Joseph, who was also the father of Jesus Christ himself, and husband of Mary. He was believed to be chosen by the Gods to raise and nurture the lord Jesus.
- Sai Baba: — Sai Baba was another great saint of all time who spent most of his life in Shirdi, situated in Maharashtra state of India during the 19th century. The real birth place of Sai Baba is not known. He spread the message of equality among the Hindu and Muslim religions and that’s why he was equally adored by both religions till date.
- Ramananda: — Ramananda was another great saint who lived during the 15th century A.D. in India. Ramananda started the Bhakti movement and spread the message of equality among all religions. He adored Lord Rama a lot and spread the news of universal brotherhood through his preaches.
- Kabir: — Kabir was a disciple of Ramananda and a great saint. He had written Ramayana in general language for the devotees of Lord Rama. He had written many stanzas in general language and spread the message of quality and equanimity among all religions.
- Mirabai: — Mirabai became famous with his devotional songs among the devotees of Lord Krishna. She was herself an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna. She turned down luxurious life of being a queen of Mewar State and sacrificed her life to devotion of Lord Krishna.
- Saint Peter: — Finally, Saint Peter was the greatest saint of all time in the history, who was one of the 12 apostles of Lord Jesus. Saint Peter became the first ever Pope of Catholic Church.