Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the captain of Indian cricket team, was born on July 7, 1981 in Ranchi. He is bestowed with several awards including Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, CNN IBN Indian of the Year, and the ICC One Day International Player of the Year Award.
Here are few Interesting Facts about MS Dhoni
(1) Only captain in the history of World Cricket to win all major ICC Tournaments – T20 World Cup, Champions Trophy and One-day World Cup. And now he is all set to win yet another T20 World Cup. Without any doubt the best captain India ever had.
(2) He played Badminton and Football at district level before becoming a cricketer. This goal keeper turned Wicket keeper is doing wonders for India now.
(3) What makes him special – greatest strategist in World cricket who plays cricket like a game of chess, one of the fastest runners between wickets and ability to finish off things in style with his trademark Helicopter shots.
(4) The greatest captain India ever had, he was once a TTE (Train Ticket Examiner) at Kharagpur Railway Station. So what is your excuse for not working for your dreams?
(5) Remember his golden locks of hair. Even Pervez Musharaff was a fan of those. Sadly he does not have those anymore.
(6) In 2014, Forbes released a list of World’s 100 richest sports persons which ranked Dhoni 31st in the world.The interesting thing here is Dhoni was ranked above Djokovic, Usain Bolt, Wayne Rooney and even Sachin Tendulkar
(7) After becoming captain of Indian Test team, it took 12 Test matches for Dhoni to lose one – an unbeaten run for 11 test matches after his debut.
(8) He was ICC ODI player of the year for 2008 and 2009 and featured in ICC World One day Eleven from 2008-2014
(9) He stands Second in the number of brand endorsements for any Indian Celebrity, close behind the one and only King Khan.
(10) Dhoni co-owns Ranchi Rays – a Hockey India League Franchise, Chennayin FC – an Indian Super League Franchise and Mahi Racing Team India – a Supersport World Championship Team.