Busan Metro Information
Busan Metro is also known by the name Busan Subway and the rapid transit system is operated by the Busan transportation company. Busan is South Korea’s second largest city with 3.6 million population. The subway network system was opened in 1985 with 17 stations, but now it has been extended to 128 stations. The length of the route is 106.8km. The direction sign of the metro system is written in Korean and English language. The Busan’s metro system makes it possible for tourists to get around the city in a comfortable way. The announcement in the metro train is done in Korean, English, Japanese and Chinese language.
Busan Metro Lines
The Busan Metro system has 5 lines and all the 5 lines are identified by different colors.
- Busan Metro Line 1 – Line 1 was opened between 1985 and 1994. The construction of Line1 started in 1981. Line 1 operates between Sinpyeong and Nopo and the length of the route is 32.5km. Line 1 serves 34 stations and this line is further extending towards Saha-gu which is currently under construction. line1 is orange in color and it uses 8 car trains. A ride through line1 will take 1 hour 2 minutes.
- Busan Metro Line 2 – Line2 was opened in 1999 with 21 stations. Later the line was extended towards the central station between Seomyeon and Geumnyeonsan and it was opened in 2001. Line2 runs from east to west from Jangsan to Yangsan. The length of the route is 45.2km and the route serves 42 stations. Line2 runs along the shores of Haeundae and Gwanganli and further towards the north of Yangsan. Line 2 will be further extended towards east and the planning is going on. Once the extension work is completed, 4 new stations will be opened more.
- Busan Metro Line 3 – Line 3 started service in 2005 and the length of the route is 18.3km. Line 3 operates between Suyeong and Daejeo serving 17 stations. The construction of line 3 began in 1997 but the opening was delayed many times. Line 3 uses 4 car, train and the second phase of this line was split to line4.
- Busan Metro Line 4 – line4 is also called by the name Bansong line and it serves north central and northeastern part of Busan population. Line 4 is 10.8 km long and the metro train operates between Minam and Anpyeong. Line 4 serves 14 stations, 8 stations are built underground, 1 ground level and 5 stations above the ground. Line 4 uses automated guideway transit technology.
- Busan Metro Line 5 – Line5 is a light metro system which is known by the name BGL. BGL operates between the route Sasang and Kaya university. The line connects the city of Busan to the neighboring city of Gimhae. The line was opened in 2011 and the length of the line is 23.4. The line serves 21 stations and metro riders can easily transfer to line3 and line2 from this line.
Busan Metro Map
Busan Metro Hours
Busan Metro operates from 5am until 12.40 a.m. Midnight. During peak hours it will take 4 to 7 minutes to get metro train.
Busan Metro Fare, Tickets and Hours
Metro riders can purchase tickets from automatic ticket machines. The fares depend upon the distance travelled. The ticket rate for 19 years and above will cost W1, 200 for one section and W1, 400 for 2 sections. The ticket price for youth aged between 13and 19 will cost W950 for 1 section and W1100 for 2 sections. The ticket price for children aged between 6 to 18 is W600. Card tickets will cost less than W100. The pass is available for 1day and 7day.
Busan Metro Parking
Busan Metro offers cheap park and ride facilities to passengers near most metro stations. Car parking facilities are available during subway opening hours.
Busan Metro Rules and Tips
Passengers who are eligible to travel for free through Busan Metro must carry ID cards. Disabled and senior citizens can enjoy metro ride with special rates. If you use a transportation card, you will get a discount in fare. Busan Metro offers safest service to citizens. There are bicycle, keeping facilities available to citizens. Free rides are allowed for children under 6 years of age. You are not allowed to board the metro with chemical products and animals. Metro riders without a ticket will be imposed with penalty.
Busan Metro Resources