Barcelona Metro Information
Barcelona Metro is the part of public transportation system that serves the inhabitants living in and around the surrounding areas of Barcelona, Spain. The Barcelona metro system is 123.7 km long serving 163 stations in total. The Barcelona metro was found in 1924 and today the metro network sis managed by two different operators, TMB and FGC. The metro network is built underground and the network system helps you to discover the city. It is the second largest network system in Spain and some tram lines connect to metro station. The rapid transit system is safe and reliable to use.
Barcelona Metro Lines
Barcelona metro has 11 lines and ATM have announced two additional lines in future, L12 and L13. TMB consists of 8 lines, L1 to L5 and L9 to L11 FCG operates three lines, L6 L& and L8. All the metro lines are recognized by number and color.
- L1 – L1 line was opened in 1929 and the length of the route is 20.7km serving 29 stations. The line operates between Hospital de Bellvitge and Fondo.
- L2 – L2 line was opened in 1995 and the length of the route is 13.7km serving 18 stations. The line operates between Paralel and Badalona Pompeu Fabra.
- L3 – L3 line was opened in 1924 and the length of the route is 18.4km serving 26 stations. The line operates between Zona Universitaria and Trinitat Nova.
- L4 – L4 line was opened in 1973 and the length of the route is 17.3km serving 22 stations. The line operates between Trinitat Nova and La Pau.
- L5 – L5 line was opened in 1959 and the length of the route is 19.168 km serving 26 stations. The line operates between Cornella Centre and Vall d’Hebron.
- L6 – L6 line was opened in 1976 and the length of the line is 5.3km serving 9 stations. The line operates between Pl. Catalunya and Reina Elisenda.
- L7 – L7 was opened in 1954 and the length of the route is 4.6km serving 7 stations. The line operates between Pl. Catalunya and Av. Tibidabo.
- L8 – L8 was opened in 2000 and the length of the route is 11.2km serving 11 stations. The line operates between Pl. Espanya Moli’ Nou and Ciutat Cooperativa.
- L9 – L9 was opened in 2009 and the length of the line is 7.8km serving 9 stations. The line operates between La Sagrera and Can Zam.
- L10 – L10 was opened in 2010 and the length of the route is 5.5km serving 6 stations. The line operates between La Sagrera and Gorg.
- L11 – L11 was opened in 2003 and the length of the route is 2.1km serving 5 stations. The line operates between Trinitat Nova and Can Cuias.
The metro operating between Parc de Montjuic and Paral-lel is a part of TMB which was opened in 1928 serving 2 stations.
Barcelona Metro Map
Map of Barcelona Metro showing existing and future lines and stations. Click on the map to enlarge it. You can also download Barcelona Metro Map in PDF.
Barcelona Metro Hours
The Barcelona metro lines 1,2,3,4,5 and 11 operates from 5.00am until midnight from Monday to Sunday and also on holidays. On 24th December, the transit system operates from 5.00am until 23.00pm. Metro trains are available at 5 minute interval on all lines.
Barcelona Metro Fares, Tickets and Cards
A single metro ticket used for the 1 trip will cost you €2.00. T10 cards will allow you to travel 10 trips and it will cost you €9.80. T50 and T70 cards will allow you to travel 50 trips and 70 trips at a cost of €39.20 and €54.90. The T Mes card is valid for 1 person for unlimited trip, which will cost you €52.75. The T Jove card is a youth card for 1 person under 25 years old and this card will cost you €105. The T-12 card is an unlimited card for children aged between 4 to 12 years with fare €35.
Barcelona Metro Parking
Barcelona Metro offers park and ride facilities to the passengers at cheap fare. There is a limited parking space available at each metro station.
Barcelona Metro Rules and Tips
There are special tickets available for tourists to enjoy unlimited travel. These tickets cannot be used in blue tram and passengers must validate their ticket before entering the station. You must be very careful of pickpockets in Barcelona. Barcelona is the paradise for thieves, so tourists and passengers must be careful. Passengers are allowed to carry bicycles in the Barcelona metro system.
Barcelona Metro Resources